ceramics until retirement

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Flea Market Finds

The New York flea market is slowly being eaten up by the real estate market (the flea market is in parking lots...it used to be extensive (as many as 6 or 7 lots) but is now down to about 4 clustered lots with other smaller lots in other places...
Nonetheless, I did find some things I liked today...


flea market finds

-an architectural tile (it's really thick and heavy measuring about 2 3/4" deep)...
-a Fantoni pitcher (Italian...I know it doesn't really look like Fantoni...more like Gambone if anyone...but it is signed...and more importantly I really like it...the picture does NOT do it justice)
-a Bauer ring mixing bowl (I can never get enough of these...I love all these old bowls...Bauer, McCoy, the plain green Hull...besides, they stack which in our apartment is KEY).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home