ceramics until retirement

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

copenhagen

I've been so bad, so remiss...I've not been blogging, mostly because I've been non-bloggable being in N.C. visiting my continuing-to-improve mother and most recently in Denmark.

What a fantastic place...beautiful Copenhagen,  wonderful castles,  happy contented and kind people...AND amazing flea markets.

I think ebay killed the flea markets in the US...the market here in NYC has dried up except for the occasional surprise...as Bob said, the flea market here is full of "burped up detritus".

In Denmark, fantastic finds at fant-as-tic prices...
And YES, I got a digital camera and YES I'll post pictures (when I figure out the whole process).

The best ceramic surprise from Denmark is Hjorth (pronounced "Hyort" in Danish donchaknow).  The standard Hjorth ceramics is a dull tan/brown with ugly bland floral designs...the Hjorth pieces I bought have a more deco feel, but are very simple in design.

Gots to go, pic's soon.

2 Comments:

  • Yea! You got a camera! Did you get the S50? Can't wait to see pictures!

    By Blogger Cathy, at July 30, 2004 at 9:21 PM  

  • I posted a comment yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared (or, more likely, I messed up) - anyway I'm so glad to hear you got a camera! Can't wait to see your first pictures!

    By Blogger Cathy, at July 31, 2004 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home